Wednesday 18 May 2011

Role Models

I have learnt a lot of important lessons this weekend, some of them I already knew but a little reminder is never a bad thing!

On Saturday night I attended the Haverhill Chamber of Commerce Awards Gala to support my best friend as she was shortlisted for 3 awards. We all had a fantastic evening and the cherry on top was Theresa winning 2 out of 3 of her awards plus the most prestigious award of the night, Business of the Year.

Saturday night reminded me that anything is possible with hard work, dedication and a positive attitude.

I also learnt some shocking facts when nominating Theresa for another award, 'Britain's Top Real Role Model'. I learnt that an overwhelming majority (54%) felt that they did not look up to anyone as a good role model at all.

I feel that role models are a huge part of success. Learning from those around you, those who have already succeeded. This has prompted me to think about my role models, who I look up to and as corny as it sounds top of my list has to be my husband Jamie. He is so positive, calm, with a can do attitude. He always motivates me and pushes me to be the best I can be. If it wasn't for Jamie I can honestly say that I don't know where I would be now, he saved me from life working in a factory and helped me find and start fulfilling my dreams. My best friend Theresa inspires me, she is strong, independent, never gives up. Then there are those who are where I want to be in the future with Holly Becker @ Decor8 finding her way onto my list, Kelly Hoppen and many more.

I urge you all to find your role model, someone you can look up to, someone who will bring out the best in you, someone who will drive you into the future you deserve. I hope one day I can be a role model for someone. But right now I am off to bang down some doors and make my dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment