Monday 15 August 2011

Finishing Touches: Flowers



Tonight I took a trip to the local supermarket for my weekly shop! While I was there I thought i'd treat myself to some new flowers, I absolutely adore having flowers all over my house. In small vases, big vases, jars, sweet containers, cups........











Flowers really are the finishing touch to a home, I don't know about you but they always make me smile. They are aesthetically pleasing and they smell divine, especially when you return home from a long day at work! Nothing beats coming home to a room filled with flowers and settling down with a cuppa tea, or hot chocolate in my case and reading a few pages from a really great book!




























They can make a big impact as one large display or as I tend to do, break down a bunch into smaller ones and fill jam jars, cups, a mixture of vases and create a collection. Or, use a small vase with one individual flower, more isn't always more!




























I hope you have found some inspiration and these beautiful blooms have brought a smile to your face. I have my flowers ready to show you but this will have to wait until tomorrow when the light is better for the photographs! Right now, I am going to enjoy my new flowers with a hot chocolate perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment