Sunday 30 October 2011

Antique Treasures and Hot Chocolate!

Sunday is quickly becoming my favourite day of the week. I've noticed that Sunday evening I actually have time to blog, it is also the one day I refuse to work after recently working 13 hour days and 6 days a week.

There is something about Sunday that is more relaxed, a slower pace of life which I love.

This morning I awoke to a warm and quiet house. Twinkle lights providing a warm ambience in contrast to the grey outdoors and a new design magazine which I've been wanting to read for a week. After a slow morning at home my husband and I ventured out to the antique shops, we are fortunate enough to live locally to a wonderful antique 'warehouse' filled with beautiful treasures over 4 floors. And I always find that the day when you are looking for nothing you find everything.

You may all be aware with my little obsession with crates? Well, I finally got one! A beautiful crate which we have already turned into an extra side table. Creatively used with space for my ever expanding magazine collection.




























I have also been keeping my eye out for a glass cake stand to display on my dressing table to be adorned with pearls and perfume bottles and you guessed it, my cake stand is now taking pride of place on my dressing table.



But, the piece that stole the show, our new victorian 'kitchen table' however I am using it as my new work desk! Our spare bedroom is both a bedroom and office but due to my increasing work load I need a bigger space. So, after much deliberation and a gentle nudge from my husband I have decided to store the bed away and create a big work space which I am actually very excited about, especially as my sewing machine will have a permanent home and easy access for crafty fun. I'll update some photos once we have collected!

To finish our trip we took a walk and ended up in a cosy pub with hot chocolate, now if this isn't a perfect Sunday I don't know what is?

I hope you have all had a great weekend? But now I am off to finish my cup of tea and biscuits with this little monster, Bobby Cat has the right idea for a Sunday night. x


No comments:

Post a Comment