Monday 22 October 2012

No place like home......... In Autumn!

Evening, remember me? I can hardly believe the last time I posted was August and it was about my garden and summer and now - Autumn has arrived.



I LOVE this time of year. The colours are amazing, red, yellow and orange leaves surfing the wind, tumbling down to the ground creating a path into magical gardens and forests! Coming home into the warm, curling up with a good book, hot chocolate and marshmallows......... by the fire!



The fire and kitchen for me are the heart of the home, where everyone wants to be, even when you're cooking and there's not enough room! And having just renovated our own living room and uncovered an old, beautiful, original red brick fireplace I now have the luxury of being part of my cosy, autumn fantasy rather than just gazing at magazines and websites, wishing it were me cocooned in the blankets. (This also goes some way to explaining my absence on my sad, neglected blog recently, but more of that another time).



As I type I have a batch of Christmas chutney bubbling away, I cannot tell you how thankful I am that I brought an extra large, actually, HUGE pan last Christmas! If nothing helps get you in the mood for the cold weather this will. The house is filled with the festive aroma of clementines and cloves, thank you Nigella and I cannot wait until Christmas to try. My mind wonders to home cooked casseroles, rich with red wine and baking! Is it any wonder I gain weight every Autumn/Winter (I've made a pact, not this year! I'm feeding everyone else instead!).



Yes, it may be cold and wet outside but this time of year is beautiful for so many other reasons and I hope to have inspired you tonight............ But right now I have to go and check on my chutney.

Images: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment